End

 I've done the best I could do.

Now it is time to
Remember.

Lies and unkindness.

I
Allow image to solidify
Sound and feeling...
Reveal the template

Noble, normal and
Nothing more than
An endless game of
Happy families.

Almost 10,000 days.
His horizon bound and blocked by imaginary walls.

As
Children grow away
Plenty more - where he works...

As
I grow old.
A younger wife - where he works.

No shame or guilt
In the back of his car
After work

She's wearing the underwear her husband has bought her..
Fantasy in denial.

Did all in his power
To hurt me enough

As if I'd rise to the bait.

Almost
I am feeling the earth, the air.
Fire fading drowning in tears
Dying in this pain.
Refusing and staying...

Later that night her phone
Hidden between her legs.
Her husband finds it and reads their conversation..
Sends the text from that phone

"Come round, he is away, door's on the latch"

And he
In joy!
Set off

To get the beating

I could not give

To pay

For  using her.
For murdering our future.

When through razor raked soul
And mirror-broken spirit
My heart fractured and failing.
Refusing to agree that even this is too far, to bad, beyond love, beyond hope.

I said
I am your partner...

He said "It is unthinkable to be without you"

And left
The next day...

Now I step over the rim of the world.
Climbing into the solar barque
Sailing alone to the house of his dead.

Carrying the feather...
Justice sifts memory
And Maat holds the scales...

Comments