The smell of frenzy

Frenzy has been less over recent weeks. I have difficulty remembering how it was, but I know I'm no longer wearing earplugs in the day. To save my ears from rage-full shouting and screaming at me.

So...ex service user's ability to contain his rage has increased...

But tonight, possibly the tv program about playing the bass guitar, and he was bass player, song writer before he left for Camberwell...anyway, the old, totally screaming mad returned.

And I'd forgotten, though I hadn't, that there is a distinct smell to this degree of out of control. It reminds me of school dinners, cooked liver to be precise.

It makes my blood run cold. Deep down some bit of me goes into terror when I smell it. I override the primal impulse to run...because I assume I'm feeling what he feels, and I'm not giving in, I keep my head. Nevertheless, I just don't get why there is a particular smell to it. What does that signify?

Comments