Discharge - to a psychiatric hospital.

A system that steam rollers over the emotional truths of those it cares for is displaying cruelty...

Discharge this day means Service User is going to the place he fears the most.
I'm not with him because I'd fight.

Literally.

In Service User's reality he is bound for Hell
Heading into to the heart of terror.

Over forty years ago, psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers, in his seminal work General Psychopathology pronounced that the content of madness (in particular delusions) were ‘un-understandable’ and therefore worthy of little consideration except as a sign of an underlying primary disorder. At the start of the twenty-first century, this is still the majority opinion in mainstream psychiatry. [Link]
The dream-logic of his belief system is not chaotic or random
Reality for him has become highly symbolic
It is as if there is simply too much of a read-out...
I vividly recall the case of a professor who had a sudden vision and thought he was insane. He came to see me in a state of complete panic. I simply took a 400-year-old book from the shelf and showed him an old woodcut depicting his very vision. ‘There's no reason for you to believe that you're insane’, I said to him. ‘They knew about your vision 400 years ago’. [Jung] 
The word psychotic doesn't fit.
The term spiritual emergency fits his discription...his experiences fit BPM II and BPM III.
What I think and believe are immaterial.
The subjective and even the objective truths of his situation are held to be immaterial.

Only one thing is demonstrably true.
His subjective truth is his reality.

And that truth puts him at the center of a nightmare, and if I was with him I would be screaming into the faces of anyone disregarding his feelings in the name of care and I would be fighting our way out of the ward...

Integrity Vs peace and lies Vs 'making things worse'...where do i draw the line?

Only the knowledge that accessing my anger would make things worse stops me.
There is no way to make any of this OK.

Comments