Birthday..

Josh's birthday.
About to go out for a meal.
Things felt good, better..

At 4:14pm the phone rang.
Unknown number
But I knew...

The nurse explained
There had been a mistake
The psychiatrist had not authorized Service User's 'leave'
I was asked to bring him back..
So he could See a psychiatrist tomorrow...

As I said no
In any and all manner of polite ways..

As I spoke 
I began to shake with rage.

The nurse was adamant
My refusal was absolute.

She said she would send transport
At which point I made it clear that we would be out of the house.

When the call ended I curled into a tight ball and screamed with fury

The way we have been treated is appalling.

We naively went to that hospital expecting help. 
We were made to feel useless, helpless and disempowered.

And now we really know what their help is...

Comments