2ndry care

When the psychiatric team arrived I stayed where I was in the living room, and used the time to phone up about the nMRI scan...

The company a person buys a scan from had tried to contact Josh.
...Josh wont answer his phone.

I gave the nMRI company my phone number.
I left my phone in the kitchen with instructions...
And went to college.

On return
Josh told me a consultant had phoned him, and that a scan will be arranged.
So, that's good.

Josh is deep in recriminations this morning

So I listen a while and then say, 'this is more self recrimination.'
And
You will be able to make better decisions after you have had the scan.

It feels better to be able to say this instead of 'you cannot know' or 'you need to ask a doctor'. It feels much better to be able to say with truth and certainty - look, your experience is something and we have found the best way we can, to check out the possibilities'

I don't expect it to stop the monologue about brain degeneration.
But it provides a hopeful way to proceed with the dialogue.

Meanwhile the doctor who had threatened sectioning last week was treated to Josh offering to take a tablet in front of him - which he did.

You know - what's wrong that they don't see the level of desperation and fear this action signifies? The outcome is, Josh can now go to 'out patients' instead of having the team come here.

This is still 'secondary care', but I don't honestly get what that really means.
GP is primary care...

Regards the SSI..yesterday was probably the last one he will take.

That scares me because a part of me has absorbed the sales talk, a part of me is a true believer...only a part. Most of me is not convinced. But this will be cold turkey - no tapering.

Well, mindfulness lady is here now.
And Josh is doing a great job in not talking about dying...

So, our prime objective - to let the psychiatric team go to people who appreciate their efforts, and to stop visiting us - is proceeding...I think.

Leaving us with the the real work, to salvage the functional and good bits of life from this decimated waste land, the effect of their 'help' and to weave what we have now into something new - this is to be managed as best we can..

Comments