How many cats?

When this first began...

I started to keep count
In cats.

By Wednesday night 2 cats worth...

18 times
Imminent death.

But his body (his expressions, the way he moved and spoke) and the meaning of his words didn't match. In his head it was real, but there was a lack of affect, a lack of emotional expression...

So the constant 'I'm about to die' wasn't so bad.
The emotional tone wasn't the same as the words, and I responded to the emotion - which was closer to regret, than panic - and regret for him leads to self recrimination, which I feel floats on a lava pool of white hot rage.

What was bad, what did make me break down in tears, was how he sent his friends away.
That really got to me.

Also his university.
Not helpful...
Simply sent me a
'He will have to withdraw'
And a form to fill in...

Took me a couple of days, but I've replied asking that we be sent deadlines and dates for sending in work.

I don't think there is any chance he will feel able to continue
But I'm not pulling the plug on two thirds of a degree without being 100% sure.

Comments