Wolf eye.

I began writing a diary so many years ago.

Aged about 10

Obsessed by the implications of living in a country that had...

Foxes!

Miraculous!
I began to hope for

Wolves!

I looked at dog foot-prints in the snow
Growing larger under the sun.

I
Believed

Wolves played in the garden

Walked the roads and pathways

Between the trees

Between the houses...

Invisible

Friends of loyalty, faith.
Fierce speakers of the emotional...
Howl

And
I loved the wolves
I was their lost child

It had been the human eye
Psychological forces of inexpressible, hidden sorrow and pain
That had snared me

And I decided to always write
The truth

To untie the wolves caged in the soul.
And see through my wolf eye

Truth is an oblique ray
Seeking the dim form at the edge of the light...
Those forces - projected onto me -  needed form.
They had been the reason I was left to cry

Silent for fear of waking my parents
Paralyzed by fear
The black rings around my eyes..

Self-disclosure
Is to weave warmth from shadow
To sing with the wolves
To stroke the flames in a foxes fur...

Comments