Early morning candle light.

I was awake at 3am.

Reading archaic ghost stories.

Became possessed by the idea that nothing in the world would be lovelier at that moment than to be perfectly clean, literally smelling of roses.

The idea would not leave me...

So I went downstairs
To put water in the bath - a laborious affair as the cold tap doesn't work so I have to add cold water via a bucket filled from the sink...

And a spider
Large spider
Was in the bath.

In my state of semi-conscious, dream thinking, surely this bath idea was a subliminal broadcast from the trapped beasty. I got a glass, liberated the spider but only because by now there was no going back.

The bath now spider-less, containing a shallow drenching of hot water
I lit an incense stick and some candles
And settled myself in the clean water, perfumed with roses.

Because I didn't really want to enter the day unprepared.

By 10:30 am I was back home
Today was the scattering of the ashes.

We processed, following the man with the canister not unlike a small milk churn.

A crow watched from the side of the lawn, as he walked in circles and the ash mostly fell into the grass.

The wind carried lighter ash, ghost like, away.

Then the man just walked away...
We went into the cafe.